WR134 by Dave Collings
Submitted September 25, 2023 by Chelsea Chin
WR 134: “The Blue Dolphin”
- Processed and captured as a HOO narrowband.
- 16 hours of just OIII and another 7 hours of Ha to make this image appear in all its splendor.
- I imaged WR 134 from 8-20-2023 to 9-16-2023 for many evening sessions (1 month) of imaging to get enough data to pull out the details!
- PlaneWave CDK12.5
- PW 0.66 reducer
- ATIK 16200 Mono main camera with Chroma narrowband filters.
- Mount is an Astro-Physics 1100GTO CP4.
“The details of the Dolphin are incredible making it easy to identify the nose, head, body, eye, dorsal fin, and tail fin. What a great target for the Planewave 12.5” CDK to show off its capabilities. Very pleased with my final stack image of WR 134. ”
David Collings – Blue Ridge Observatory | Sparta, North Carolina USA