1000 Series Gimbal
PlaneWave is proud to introduce our next stage in an already wildly successful lineup of mounts and gimbals. The 700 and 1000 series gimbals are utilized in our CDK700, RC700 and PW1000 observatory system telescopes and have extensive heritage in both performance and reliability. Configurable for specific customer goals, this new line of gimbals is ready to meet the most stringent applications. Available with additional ruggedization and weatherization, power input options, Coudé path compatible, and slip rings for continuous azimuth rotation.
PlaneWave’s largest precision gimbals are now available as stand-alone products. Previously only available with the PW1000 OTAs, these gimbals deliver the performance and value you expect from PlaneWave with less traditional payloads.
- 1200 LBS load-capacity with 280 foot-pounds of torque (AZ)
- GPS/PTP synchronized encoder timestamping
- High-torque direct-drive motors and 28-bit axis encoders
- No gears = zero backlash and zero periodic-error
- Tracking speeds > 10 degrees/second
- Slew speeds > 50 degrees/second
- 115VAC 15A input: no need for 3-phase power