700 Series Gimbal
*Price is based on PlaneWave’s Pricing Policy
PlaneWave is proud to introduce our next stage in an already wildly successful lineup of mounts and gimbals. The 700 and 1000 series gimbals are utilized in our CDK700, RC700, and PW1000 observatory system telescopes and have an extensive heritage in both performance and reliability. Configurable for specific customer goals, this new line of gimbals is ready to meet the most stringent applications. Available with additional ruggedization and weatherization, power input options, Coudé path compatibility, and slip rings for continuous azimuth rotation.
PlaneWave’s largest precision gimbals are now available as stand-alone products. Previously only available with the PW1000 OTAs, these gimbals deliver the performance and value you expect from PlaneWave with less traditional payloads.
- 800 lbs load capacity with 170 foot-pounds of torque (AZ)
- High-torque direct drive motors and 26-bit axis encoders
- GPS/PTP synchronized encoder time-stamping
- No gears which means zero backlash and zero periodic error. Zero Maintenance
- Tracking speeds > 10 degrees/second
- Slew speeds > 50 degrees/second
- 115VAC 15A input: no need for 3-phase power