- Enables the use of up to three instruments at the focal plane of a telescope.
- Designed, manufactured, and assembled in Germany
- The light passes through the IMP either undisturbed to the rear port (port 1 with 85 mm free diameter), or it can be deflected to the left or right (ports 2 and 3 with 67 mm free diameter) via two automated 40 x 40 mm mirrors with BBHS coating.
- These ports can be used for various other optical instruments like spectrographs, video cameras, planetary cameras or a simple eyepiece.
- Can be controlled by a keypad or remotely via a web-interface.
- Massive CNC machined housing made of dural aluminium carries even the heaviest loads for large cameras
- Power-over-Ethernet via the RJ45 ethernet port. In addition, the device can also be powered by a standard 12V hollow plug 5.5/2.1. 12V power supply is included in the scope of delivery
- Connections telescope-side: 120 x 7.5 mm dovetail mount
- Connection Port 1 camera-side: 120 x 7.5 mm dovetail mount
- Connection Port 2 and Port 3 camera-side: M68x1 female
- Available (optional) telescope-adapters, like e.g. PlaneWave Instruments Hedrick Fokussierer, 3,5″ Feathertouch, Alluna Optics M100, M68x1, GO1, AZ5000, and various others, as well as available (optional) Camera-Adapter for various cameras are available from stock or on demand.
his device is a direct spinoff of our remote observatory developments.
The ability to get multiple benefits from a telescope opens up whole new worlds for remote observatories as well as amateur astronomers or regular observatories.
A remote observatory never has to be reconfigured again: A unit can now be equipped with a deepsky astro camera, a planetary camera and a spectrograph without having to request conversion time from the staff.
An observatory with public shows can finally leave the camera permanently on the main telescope and still use it for observations with guests without any problems. After the guided tours, there is no time necessary for cleaning up and rebuilding the equipment – the telescope can be used immediately for astrophotography at the touch of a button. The possibilities of this system are as diverse as the fields of work in astronomy.
The IMP85 has a unique selling point with its non-mirrored Port 1. Where other devices have a central mirror that rotates, the IMP85’s design keeps the main camera in central focus. No light is lost and the weight is evenly distributed. The compact and solid construction allows the shortest possible connection to many telescope systems.
Two individually adjustable 40x40mm fused silica mirrors of the highest optical quality can be electronically inserted into the light path with the highest degree of repeatability to redirect the light to port 2 or port 3. These ports can be used for various other optical instruments such as spectrographs, video cameras, planetary cameras or a simple eyepiece.
The ports are clearly defined in backfocus and easily adaptable to all common systems via standard adapters. The instruments can thus be connected more or less parfocally to all three ports via an individual combination of adapters. We will be happy to help you find the optimal configuration for your application.
A variety of adaptations are possible. The IMP85 is delivered without adapters. A variety of telescope-side and camera-side adapters are available from stock. For custom applications, we provide the design for the flange on request. For all our remote observatories, we use only Ethernet-controlled devices whenever possible. Therefore, the IMP85 is currently only connected to the PC/observatory network via a network port and controlled via an easily intuitive web interface. A small manual port selector switch is located on the side of the IMP85. ASCOM is currently not supported, ASCOM-Alpaka drivers are in preparation.
|INNER DIAMETER / CLEAR APERTURE (MM)||Port 1: 85 mm, Port 2: 67 mm, Port 3: 67 mm|
|BACK FOCUS USAGE||Port 1: 90 mm, Port 2: 110.5 mm, Port 3: 110.5 mm|
|INCLUDED ACCESSORIES||3m Ethernet cable, 12V power supply (US, UK and EU adapter included), six M5 set srews|
|CAMERA CONNECTION||Port1: 120 x 7,5mm dovtail mount | Port 2 and 3: M68x1 female|
|INNER CONNECTION (LENS SIDED)||Dovetail ring|
|INNER CONNECTION (EYEPIECE/-CAMERA-SIDED)||M68 x 1|
|OUTER CONNECTION (EYEPIECE/-CAMERA-SIDED)||M68 x 1|
|COMMUNICATION PORTS||Connection with Ethernet cable to local network|
|CONTROL INTERFACE||Webinterface on the device.|
|OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES||Available Telescope-Adapters Hedrick Focuser, IR90, Alluna, GO1, AZ5000, and various others; proper adapters for various cameras are available on demand.|