Extended Warranty for the CDK700 & PW1000
Price: $6,895.00 – $28,068.00
Listed extended warranty rates are for installations within the United States. Please contact PlaneWave, or your regional authorized distributor/reseller for international rates.
Details of the Extended Warranty for the CDK700 & PW1000
Extended Warranties for PlaneWave CDK700 and PW1000 Telescopes allow the two‐year mechanics and electronics coverage of the Standard Warranty to be extended in one‐year increments, up to 5 years from the covered product’s date of purchase. extended warranties cover all parts and labor costs necessary to repair and return the covered product to manufacturer’s original specifications, but the customer will be responsible for any necessary travel‐costs if onsite‐repair by PlaneWave staff (or an authorized 3rd‐party) is required.*
*Governments and institutions may request a quote and purchase pre‐paid travel coverage.
What is covered:
- Parts for mechanical and electronic components, or any related workmanship defects or deficiencies, for the term of the extended warranty, not to exceed 5 years from the covered product’s date of purchase and with the term defined by customer’s PlaneWave invoice
- Extended Warranty coverage also maintains software/driver licensing and access to major updates and new releases
- On‐site labor rates, if the telescope was installed by PlaneWave and/or is covered by an active onsite‐service subscription
What is not covered:
- Optical coatings
- Scratches, chips, or other surface defects in optical surfaces resulting from cleaning or other handling
- Cosmetic wear
- Damage resulting from misuse, abuse, or modification not authorized by PlaneWave
- Damage resulting from weather or poor environmental control, including but not limited to rain, ice, snow, dust/sand, pollen, power‐surges, or brownouts
- Damage resulting from improper storage, lightning, fire, flood, earthquake, riot, war, or acts of God
- Maintenance, including but not limited to cleaning, and mechanical lubrication
- Compatibility with third‐party equipment, unless installed by PlaneWave
- Compatibility with third‐party software
- Travel‐Costs (airfare, rental car, room and board) for PlaneWave staff (and/or authorized third-party) if onsite‐repair is required
How To Obtain Service:
- Contact PlaneWave to open a warranty service ticket. This may be done via phone at (310) 6391662 during normal business hours (M‐F, 9AM‐5PM Pacific), or via email at email@example.com
- Work with PlaneWave technical staff to diagnose the issue(s)
- PlaneWave will attempt to determine if the product is defective in either workmanship or materials. If the product is determined to be covered by warranty, PlaneWave will either:
- ship the replacement part(s) necessary for PlaneWave technical staff to guide the customer through minor repair; or
- (for customers without a service‐program subscription, and where PlaneWave did not install the telescope) schedule onsite service, for PlaneWave technical staff to perform the repair at customer’s location, with customer responsible for on‐site day‐rate charges and travel‐expenses of PlaneWave staff (or an authorized third‐party); or
- (for customers with active service‐program subscription, and where PlaneWave did install the telescope) schedule onsite service, for PlaneWave technical staff to perform the repair at customer’s location, with customer responsible for travel‐expenses of PlaneWave staff (or an authorized third‐party).
- Alternatively, and at customer’s cost and discretion, the customer may obtain a return merchandise authorization and ship the product to PlaneWave for repair.