- The Hedrick focuser designed by PlaneWave is a heavy duty no-slip focuser capable of handling an imaging payload of up to 20lbs.
- Occupies 3″ of backfocus with the focuser fully racked in, and 4.2″ when fully racked out.
- Focuser travel range of 30mm (30000 microns/1.2″)
- The focus tube runs on 5 bearings and is driven by a leadscrew so there is no chance of slipping.
- Focus may be automated through a computer using PlaneWave’s EFA Kit and PWI3 software.
- The focuser comes with pre-installed motor that can be controlled with the EFA hand controller or PWI3 software.
When using the Hedrick Focuser with the optional EFA kit, you can remotely control the focuser using the included PWI control PC software. You can download the PWI software from the Downloads page on our website. Using MaximDL in conjunction with the focuser, allows you to quickly and accurately find the best focus position in a matter of minutes.