IRDK20 (Infrared Optimized)
The PlaneWave IRDK 20 comes standard with fused silica optics that minimize the effects of thermal expansion.
This is a Dall-Kirkham optical design with coatings that are optimized to transmit in infrared wavelengths and a 20mm image circle at the focal plane. There are no refractive lens, only reflective components to the design. For IR application, reflective coatings are a protected gold which give better than 98% reflectivity from .65 micron (650nm) to 5 micron (5000nm). This design is ideal for infrared astronomy or LIDAR applications. UV optimized coatings can provided as well, so please reach out to our technical sales team to discuss UV optimization.
- IRDK20 is a 20 inch infrared optimized optical tube with fused silica mirrors
- Dall-Kirkham optical design with coatings that are optimized to transmit in infrared wavelengths (ultra violet optimization available)
- Focal length of 3,454 mm (f/6.8)
- 3.5″ Hedrick Focuser and EFA Kit separately available
- Ready for Delta-T dew prevention