« Back to Gallery
Cosmic Bat Nebula by Dave Collings
Submitted May 8, 2023 by Chelsea Chin
LDN-43: “The Cosmic Bat Nebula”
- Plane Wave 12.5” CDK telescope with the PW 0.66 Reducer on an Astro Physics 1100 GTO CP4 mount.
- Main camera is an ATIK 16200 Mono CCD with an ATIK EFW3 Filter wheel with Chroma LRGB Ha & OIII, SII, and HA 3nm filters.
- Guide scope is Astromania 400mm Refractor with an ASI 290mm guide camera.
- A total of 9 hours of imaging was used to create this beautiful LRGB image of LDN-43 “The Cosmic Bat Nebula”. All sub-frames were 300 sec.
- 4 hours of Luminance, 2 hours of red, and 1.5 hours of Green and Blue.
“It has amazing detail that even blew me away for a 12.5” Plane Wave Telescope. What a joy to capture this target.”