Extended Warranty For Telescopes up to 24-Inches
Price: $375.00 – $4,985.00
Details of the Extended Warranty for Telescopes up to 24-Inches
Extended Warranties for PlaneWave Telescopes up to 24-inches allow the two-year mechanics and electronics coverage of the Standard Warranty to be extended in one-year increments, up to 5 years from the covered product’s date of purchase. Extended warranties cover all parts and labor costs necessary to repair and return the covered product to manufacturer’s original specification. PlaneWave accessories installed on the covered telescope are also covered, including motorized mirror-covers, Delta-T, EFA, and focuser or rotating-focuser.
As an additional benefit, Extended Warranty for PlaneWave Telescopes (up to 24”) owners receive an annual clean-and-check of the covered product for no cost other than round-trip shipping.* For telescopes, this service covers cleaning, collimation, and checking of electronic and/or mechanical components. For focusers and rotators, this service covers cleaning, relubrication, adjustment of mechanical alignment, and checking of electronic components.
*Governments and institutions may request a quote and purchase pre‐paid travel coverage.
What is covered:
- Parts and labor for mechanical and electronic components, or any related workmanship defects or deficiencies, for the term of the extended warranty, not to exceed 5 years from the covered product’s date of purchase and with term defined by customer’s PlaneWave invoice
- PlaneWave accessories installed on the covered telescope, including motorized mirror-covers, Delta-T, EFA, and focuser or rotating-focuser
- Extended Warranty coverage also maintains software/driver licensing and access to major updates and new-releases – Annual Clean-and-Check at PlaneWave
What is not covered:
- Optical coatings
- Scratches, chips, or other surface defects in optical surfaces resulting from cleaning or other handling
- Cosmetic wear – Damage resulting from misuse, abuse, or modification not authorized by PlaneWave
- Damage resulting from weather or poor environmental control, including but not limited to rain, ice, snow, dust/sand, pollen, power-surges, or brownouts
- Damage resulting from improper storage, lightning, fire, flood, earthquake, riot, war, or acts of God
- Maintenance, including but not limited to cleaning and mechanical lubrication (outside of annual clean-and-check)
- Compatibility with third-party equipment, unless installed by PlaneWave
- Compatibility with third-party software
- Shipping costs
How To Obtain Service:
- Contact PlaneWave to open a warranty-service ticket. This may be done via phone at (310) 6391662 during normal business hours (M-F, 9AM-5PM Pacific), or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work with PlaneWave technical staff to fully diagnose issue(s).
- Package and/or crate the product, and ship to PlaneWave, noting the return authorization number you have been issued on the shipping-label or boldly on the exterior of the shipping container. You will be responsible for the cost of packaging and round-trip shipping.
- PlaneWave will inspect and determine if the product is defective in either workmanship or materials. If the returned product is determined to be covered by warranty, PlaneWave will repair or replace all or part of the product, invoice for return shipping costs, and return the product to you.
- Alternatively, and at PlaneWave’s discretion, you may be shipped the replacement part(s) necessary for PlaneWave technical staff to guide you through minor repair.
- Alternatively, and at your discretion and expense, you may schedule on-site service, for PlaneWave technical staff to perform the repair at your location. You will be responsible for onsite day-rate charges and travel-expenses of PlaneWave staff (or an authorized third-party).